Release and waiver of liability
We greatly appreciate your assistance and commitment to finding cures for children’s cancer. Our policies require that we have an accurate record of all volunteers. This is a form in which you agree to release Mary K Yap Foundation of all liability while working as a volunteer for our organization.
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) as of the date of the signature below, by the “Volunteer”, whose name appears below, releases Mary K Yap Foundation, nonprofit corporations, their directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “Mary K Yap Foundation”). The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for Mary K Yap Foundation and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with Mary K Yap Foundation is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that Mary K Yap Foundation will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to Mary K Yap Foundation.
- Volunteer Code of Conduct and Ethics: Mary K Yap Foundation expects volunteers to follow rules of conduct that will protect the interests and safety of all volunteers, patients and patient families, employees, and the organization. As a Mary K Yap Foundation Volunteer, I am expected to maintain a positive atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that demonstrates respect, values input, acknowledges contributions and embraces diversity. In performing any service for Mary K Yap Foundation, I agree to meet the following standards of conduct:
- Treat all individuals with respect, patience, integrity, courtesy, dignity, and consideration.
- Represent Mary K Yap Foundation in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Be reliable and follow through on volunteer commitments.
- Respect all confidential information.
- Communicate to Mary K Yap Foundation staff about any resources or support needed to fulfill the volunteer role.
- Keeping safety is a top priority.
- Not use, possess or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while serving in a volunteer capacity.
- Avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such.
- Not engage in conduct that threatens, intimidates, or coerces another person, including all acts of harassment that is based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status.
- Participate in orientation and any required training that will equip them to complete their volunteer roles.
- Provide their own transportation and cover expenses related to volunteering for the Mary K Yap Foundation, unless otherwise stated and approved prior to incurring the expense.
- Dress in a manner that is appropriate for a given program/event in accordance with that program/event’s dress code.
- Abide by all applicable laws and Mary K Yap Foundation volunteer program policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Mary K Yap Foundation and its successors and assigns from all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Mary K Yap Foundation. I, for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless to Mary K Yap Foundation. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Mary K Yap Foundation from any liability or claim that I may have against Mary K Yap Foundation with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to Mary K Yap Foundation or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further I understand that Mary K Yap Foundation does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Mary K Yap Foundation beyond what may be offered freely by Mary K Yap Foundation in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to Mary K Yap Foundation may include physical activities that may result in injury to me. I acknowledge that I am physically fit and able to safely participate in volunteer activities without risk to myself or others. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release Mary K Yap Foundation from all liability.
- Background Checking: I understand that various volunteer positions require background check(s). If required, I hereby authorize Mary K Yap Foundation to run such background checks and agree to provide proof of licensure or certification prior to performing any professional or skilled task. By signing this waiver, whether physically or by digital verification, I certify that the information contained in this application is correct and true. If Mary K Yap Foundation determines that any information submitted is false, I may be immediately disqualified from consideration for volunteering and/or discharged from volunteer service.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Mary K Yap Foundation all right, title, and interests in all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Mary K Yap Foundation in connection with my providing volunteer services to Mary K Yap Foundation.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Tennessee and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee. I agree that if any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
- Change in circumstances: I understand that if there is a change in my circumstances or condition, I must notify Mary K Yap Foundation before my next volunteer shift.
- Donation Handling: I recognize that donors provide financial and other resources for support of the mission of Mary K Yap Foundation. When handling Mary K Yap Foundation donations, I will do so with integrity and honesty and in accordance with Mary K Yap Foundation policies and guidelines.
By checking below, I express my understanding and intent to enter this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.
*Required I agree to the release and waiver of liability and code of conduct